Casady School is in an exciting phase of growth and evolution as a school. Notably, Casady has spent the past two years working collaboratively to develop a Strategic Academic Plan that includes a new daily schedule in both the Middle and Upper Division for 2019-2020. The Strategic Academic Plan focuses on five priorities: Student Wellness, Student Engagement, Durable Learning, Community Engagement,
and Skills & Knowledge
. In addition, Casady’s Strategic Academic Plan includes a pedagogical focus on promoting student engagement and durable learning through learning that is collaborative, interdisciplinary, engaging, authentic, customized/student-driven,
Casady School is, therefore, looking for a full-time 6th grade Math teacher who will model a growth mindset and join a Middle Division faculty culture that values courage, creativity, and connection. Faculty are encouraged to be innovators, collaborators, and risk-takers in vigorous pursuit of promoting active, student-centered learning that boosts long-term retention of skills and knowledge.
The Mathematics Department at Casady School is focused on providing a challenging and supportive environment where students are asked to stretch themselves intellectually. As a department, they prioritize critical thinking, problem-solving, intellectual stamina, and perseverance. With these skills, students gain a greater understanding of the world around them and a greater sense of themselves as learners, as thinkers, as problem solvers, and as young people. Teaching Responsibilities:
- Teaches a full teaching load of four sections of Middle Division Math
- Reports progress regularly throughout the year to the parents.
- Faculty have responsibilities for assistance during family style lunch.
- Serves as an advisor to 6th-grade students during advisory time and facilitates two parent conferences.
- Helps design, lead, and chaperone the 6th-grade overnight retreat
- Attends daily chapel with Middle Division students
- Performs administrative assignments with minimal direction.
- Works with the 6th grade team and learning specialist to further the general welfare of the 6th-grade students.
- Faculty members are expected to set annual growth goals and participate in ongoing professional development approved by the Division Director.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ideal candidates will have extensive teaching experience in Math and coaching experience in an independent school.
- A four-year college degree is required; an advanced degree preferred.
- Regularly sit, talk, hear and visually intercept visitors.
- Is able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Regularly uses close and distance vision.
- Works at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Turns, bends, reaches and may occasionally use a ladder.
- Works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment.
Casady School is the oldest, Episcopal independent day school in Oklahoma City. Casady enrolls 900+ students Pre K-12. Casady is a member of the Southwest Preparatory Conference. As a mission-driven school, Casady develops excellence, confidence, and integrity in students and prepares them with the skills and knowledge that serves as the foundation for success.
Compensation will be competitive and based on education and experience. Casady School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to our Middle Division Director, Dr. Jason Scheer, at firstname.lastname@example.org