Position Title: Varsity Head Football Coach
FLSA Classification: Part-time/Exempt
Reports To: Athletic Director
Position Purpose: Instruct student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Manage all aspects of football program
- Responsible for supervision of his or her team during scheduled practice and game times.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills. Additional duties may be included as needed by the Physical Education Department.
- College Degree and/or some experience in a similar position.
- Well-rounded knowledge of physical conditioning methods.
- First Aid Certificate from the American Red Cross, including CPR training, is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
- Willingness to obtain CDL to assist with transportation to and from sporting events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for limited periods of time.
- May work long hours for extended periods of time, including overnight travel.
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Works in varied and extreme weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Will ensure that everyone associated with his or her program in grades 7-12 (players and coaches) adhere to School policies, including, uniform requirements.
- Clearly defines and communicates expectations to students, including the Varsity Letter Criteria.
- Maintains team website to include final scores.
- Works with the Athletic Director to coordinate and secure game officials and support personnel.
- Keep track of equipment and uniform inventories and report lost supply to administrative assistant.
- Responsible for all schedules, transportation for travel, hotel accommodations and media information.
- Responsible for supervision of his or her team during scheduled practice and game times. The coach is generally the last team member to leave campus.
- Responsible for locking and securing facility, especially pertaining to after hour’s practices or games.
- Reports injuries to our athletic trainer and sees that necessary forms are filled out. (Injury report and/or Headmasters Report).
- Responsible for making budget requests for their entire program in the areas of uniforms, equipment, transportation, entry fees, clinics, hotel accommodations, and supplies.
This position will begin in the summer of 2022. Send a cover letter and resume to Mike Shepherd, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org